Fotona Laser Skin Treatments in Montreal
What does Fotona do?
What areas of the body is the Fotona skin laser used for?
Fotona is a non-invasive dermatological laser that can increase the tightness of your skin to improve firmness, and decrease sagging and creasing skin around the neck, jawline, and eye folds.
Our Fotona laser skin treatments in Montreal can also be used to treat wrinkles, fine lines, acne, scars, rosacea, burns, spider veins, skin sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and skin tone correction. It can also be used for young skin to provide extra production of collagen that will maintain the skin’s firmness and tension.
These advanced laser treatments can also help reduce snoring, rejuvenate the genital regions, treat vascular lesions, erase tattoos, remove warts and skin tags, and permanently reduce hair follicles in unwanted areas.
Frequently asked questions about Fotona
What can I expect from a typical Fotona laser skin treatment?
- During your free consultation with a dermatology specialist at our aesthetic medical spa in Montreal, we’ll conduct a careful review and present a variety of options to help you achieve the results you want.
- During the treatment, we will gently move the laser over the target area skin surface releasing pulses of energy. Your Fotona laser skin treatment will only take about 15-45 minutes depending on the treatment area.
- Redness will subside after 2-3 days. Over the next 7-21 days your body will rejuvenate the skin by producing a lot more new collagen and elastin in the treated area!
- The results with Fotona can last for over 12 months!
Does the Fotona treatment hurt?
Topical anesthetic is not needed. We have an ultra-cooling system that goes along with Fotona, which makes the treatment painless. Most patients say they feel a slight warmth or pressure on the skin during treatment.
If you are interested in getting large areas treated (such as tattoo removal, hair removal, glutes, thighs, abdomen, and face), the treatments may be scheduled over multiple days.
How much do Fotona laser skin treatments cost?
At our clinic, Fotona skin laser treatments vary in cost depending on the treated region, but the maximum for 1 session is no more than $650.
To make sure our patients’ best interests are our priority, we are proud to offer the lowest price for Fotona laser skin treatments at our clinics in Quebec!
What post-care instructions should I follow after Fotona treatment?
After your Fotona skin laser treatment, your skin will likely be sensitive and you will just look like you had a bad sunburn for the first 2-3 days.
That’s why it’s important to follow these guidelines for the first 5 days:
- Stay out of the sun and avoid scrubbing, scratching, shaving, or peeling your skin. Let the skin heal, Darling!
- Avoid hot temperatures (hot weather, standing over a stove, tanning salons). Order in or ask your partner to cook that week.
- Exercise should be avoided, anything that makes you sweat or flush.
- You should also minimize contact with animals.
What are the side effects of Fotona laser treatments?
Negative side effects due to the Fotona laser treatment may include mild to moderate temporary conditions that will go away very quickly. These can include:
- Sensitivity, irritation, hyperpigmentation, allergic hive-like reaction, increased swelling, redness, itchiness, amongst others.
These side effects are generally manageable and temporary. We will provide medication and other products to help keep you comfortable while the discomfort goes away.