PDO Thread Lifts in Montreal
How do PDO thread lifts work?
What are PDO threads used for?
The PDO thread lift procedure is used to safely, instantly, and subtly lift your facial features to reduce drooping skin, fine lines, and wrinkles on the face, neck, and body with minimal downtime.
PDO thread lifts in Quebec can also be used to make aesthetic enhancements similar to those in surgical lifts such as a cheek lift, nose lift, butt lift, and tummy tuck. The popular “cat eyes” or “foxy eyes” treatment is used to slightly lift the edge of the eyebrow to give you a stunning gaze!
The dissolvable sutures also continually rejuvenate the skin and prevent aging in the treated area skin by stimulating the fibroblast cells to produce more collagen that will maintain your skin’s volume, firmness, and tension.
At our aesthetic medical clinics in Montreal, our trained physicians and nurses can use a variety of techniques to restore, enhance, and maintain your aesthetics in many areas of the body. During your free consultation, we’ll present a variety of options to help you achieve the results you want.
Frequently asked questions about PDO thread lifts
What can I expect from a typical PDO thread lift procedure?
- During your free consultation with a specialist at our aesthetic clinic in Montreal, we’ll conduct a careful review and present a variety of options including PDO threads to help you achieve the results you want.
- After prepping and numbing the area to keep you comfortable, we’ll insert a needle cannula into the area to be lifted. Similar to sewing, the tiny threads are inserted below the skin to grasp the tissue. Then we gently pull the thread to lift and suspend the skin to the desired position!
- The procedure takes about 1-2 hours. Typically, you can return to work the same day. You may have some minor swelling for a couple of days and light bruising can last from 7-14 days.
- The results of your PDO thread lift are immediate and can last from 6 to 18 months!
Does the PDO thread lift procedure hurt?
With the use of topical anesthetic and lidocaine injections when required, our patients report that the PDO threads treatment doesn’t hurt. Most patients say they feel a slight warmth or pressure on the skin during treatment.
There may be some minor pain and soreness for up to 14 days post-treatment that can be managed with mild painkillers.
What are the risks PDO thread lifts?
While PDO thread lifts have way lower risks than a facelift surgery, there can be some minor complications that are usually corrected easily.
Since thread lifts do not require a scalpel incision, there will be less risk of scarring or severe bleeding. You may experience sensitivity, irritation, pain, or minor bruising.
We will provide medication and other products to help keep you comfortable while the discomfort goes away.
How long does a PDO thread lift last?
Most people still enjoy their aesthetic PDO thread lift results from 6 to 18 months! Since the PDO thread is a biodegradable suture, it’s tension and “lifting” effect will fade with the passing of time. Even if no tension for lifting is applied, the PDO threads will still have a regenerative effect in the treated region.
Thanks to the collagen-producing effect of the threads, patients in their early 20s and 30s tend to see results for much longer since their skin has more volume and elasticity than older patients. The results are equally impressive for both demographics.
How much do PDO thread lifts cost?
At our 3 clinics in the Montreal area, PDO thread lifts cost from only $1000-2000 depending on the region treated.
There are different types of threads used depending on your needs. Finer material is used to lift the face, neck, and eyebrow regions, whereas a different material is used for the glutes, legs, and abdomen. Ask us for a free consultation to get a personalized quote!
What post-care instructions should I follow after my PDO thread lift?
As you can imagine, your skin may feel a little tender or reddish after a tiny dissolvable thread was “sewn” underneath the epidermis and gentle tension was used to lift the skin. You may have some minor swelling for a couple of days and light bruising can last from 7-14 days.
That’s why it’s important to follow these guidelines for the first week post-treatment:
- Do not touch or wash the treated region for the first 12 hours.
- Try to limit movement in the treated region for the first 24 hours so you don’t move the PDO threads out of place while the skin naturally grasps onto them. This includes scrubbing, scratching, and shaving.
- Do not expose the treated area to heat. Apply ice and arnica gently to manage discomfort. Do not go to the pool, sauna, or spa for 48 hours.
- Depending on the region, you’ll want to avoid strenuous activity (like intensive cardio and weightlifting) for 1-2 weeks according to the instructions given to you at our clinic.