Profound® Microneedling + Radiofrequency Treatments in Montreal
What does Profound® do?
What areas of the body is Profound® used for?
Facial wrinkle reduction with Profound can deliver about 60% of the results of a surgical facelift—without the pain, risk, and cost of surgery! Thanks to the targeted radiofrequency, your skin will go back to the state of production when it produced fresher skin tissue in your youth.
We also use Profound to reduce sagging skin and cellulite by removing small fat (like double chin fat) and remodeling the septae (membranes between tissues) that create cellulite on the glutes, thighs, arms, and abdomen.
Men and women concerned about a drooping jawline, a double chin, folds in the neck (“turkey neck”), or almost any other body area with loose, sagging skin may be a good candidate for treatment with the Profound device.
- Upper section: Face, chin, neck.
- Middle section: Chest, arms, back, abdomen.
- Lower section: Glutes, thighs, knees.
At our aesthetic medical spa in Montreal, our trained physicians and practitioners can use a variety of techniques to restore, enhance, and maintain your aesthetics in many areas of the body. During your free consultation, we’ll present a variety of options to help you achieve the results you want.
Frequently asked questions about Profound®
What can I expect from my Profound® treatment?
- After your complimentary consultation, an anesthetic will be applied to the target area to keep you comfortable during the procedure which lasts about 2 hours.
- Using the Profound handpiece radiofrequency and microneedles, we will deliver pulses of temperature-regulated energy that vibrate through the microneedles directly into the deep layers of skin. These repeated pulses gently heat the deep dermal tissue for 3-4 seconds, just enough to trigger your body’s natural wound-healing response.
- Over the next few months, your body will naturally produce a lot more new collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid in the treated area, producing younger skin tissue. While the results will begin to become more noticable within 1 month and up to 1 year to finalize, the skin in the targeted area will continue in regeneration mode for months, even years after the treatment.
- The youthful result of just 1 treatment with Profound® can last for up to 5 years!
How much does Profound® cost?
At Ideal Body Clinic, a typical Profound® treatment costs about $2000-3000 per treated area. And only 1 session is usually enough to deliver powerful results.
Unlike other clinics, we keep our prices comparably low so that we can keep our patients’ best interests as our priority.
Does the Profound® treatment hurt?
With the use of topical anesthetic, no. Most patients say they feel a slight warmth or pressure on the skin during treatment.
If you are interested in getting large areas treated (such as glutes, thighs, abdomen, and face), we may suggest IV sedation or spreading the treatment into multiple days.
How many Profound® treatments will I need?
The Profound® treatment is clinically proven to create smooth, younger-looking skin with only 1 treatment. In clinical studies, it was shown to reduce facial wrinkles in 100% of patients and 94% of treated thighs showed an improvement in cellulite appearance after just 1 session.
What are the risks and side effects of getting Profound®?
The most common side effects are temporary sensitivity, redness, swelling, or bruising of the treatment area.
With all minimally invasive, non-surgical procedures, there is always a risk of infection, or an undesired result because all patients react differently to the treatment. That is why we offer free consultations to offer various options to maximize your desired results.
Why does the skin sag and develop cellulite?
When levels of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid decline with age or certain conditions, our skin loses its strength, elasticity, and flexibility. That is why skin around the chin and neck may begin to sag or look flabby, and it is also why cellulite appears.
Collagen is the glue that holds our skin together.
Elastin helps skin to return to its original position when it is poked or pinched. Like a rubber band, elastin is what gives “snap” to your skin.
Hyaluronic acid is a gel-like liquid that improves skin hydration, stimulates the production of collagen, and helps skin to maintain its elasticity.
How does Profound® work?
Profound® is the first and only real-time temperature-regulated device that boosts the body’s natural production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid—the main building blocks of youthful skin.
By delivering pulses of energy to the deep skin layers via microneedles, this device stimulates the body’s natural cellular regeneration properties to make your skin tighter and smoother.
The Profound® treatment stimulates the body to create new elastin to bring the snap back to aging skin, collagen to revitalize your skin, and hyaluronic acid—all in a single treatment.